This is the time of year when many people start to plan their summer holiday, and take advantage of the warmer weather to go away with family and friends. Even when you live in a tourist destination, it can be good to get away and explore places outside Brisbane. Security is an important consideration if you are leaving your home for an extended period of time. Here are a few things you can do to help boost your home security in Brisbane while on vacation, and ensure your home will be in the same condition when you return as when you left.
- Install a home security system. If you don’t already have one, a monitored alarm system can give you an added level of security and protection. Monitoring by a reputable company means you and your security provider will be notified if the alarm is triggered, and a security officer will be sent to your home to report back to you.
- Consider keeping a few lights on with a timer switch so it looks like the place is being lived in. Motion sensitive exterior lights are also a good idea and they can act as a deterrent to potential thieves.
- Have your locks checked. Are they sufficient for your home or do you need to upgrade? Before you go away is a good time to make sure your home is secure.
- If you have pets, you may want to consider arranging for a house sitter to look after your animals and plants and take care of your home while you are gone.
- Arrange for a neighbour or friend to pick up your mail, newspapers and keep an eye on the place regularly while you are gone.
- If you are going to be gone for a while you might want to think about getting your mail stopped or redirected while you are away.
- Engage a security provider to patrol your home while your away.
- Be careful about posting details of your upcoming trip on social media sites such as Facebook. You never know who is reading and it is good to be careful about broadcasting the fact that your home will be empty for an extended period of time.
Protection and Reassurance
Brisbane is busy during the warmer months, with many holidaymakers visiting the area, which could lead to an increased likelihood that your home might be broken into or vandalised. Don’t spend your holiday worrying about what might be happening to your home while you are away. The right Brisbane security measures can give you the reassurance of knowing that your property is protected, and let you relax and enjoy your holiday.